The authors are not responsible for the content of any external sites linked to from webdesignbook.org
©2006–2012 MacAvon Media.
Web Design: A Complete Introduction
Welcome to the companion site for the popular textbook Web Design: A Complete Introduction. Here you will find a wide range of resources for students and instructors using the book. Everything on this site is free for all to use. Additional free resources and materials for lecturers and instructors using the book are available through MacAvon Media Lecturers' Accounts.
MacAvon Media PDF documents are DRM-free and can be read with any program that opens PDF.
Special offer: get a full refund on the price of up to three chapters if you try individual chapters first and then buy the complete set.
Any questions? Ask the authors …
Web Design: A Complete Introduction by Nigel Chapman and Jenny Chapman. 692 pages. John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
ISBN-10: 0-470-06089-1 (PB), ISBN-13: 978-0-470-06089-6 (PB)
The Table of Contents and Preface are available to read online under Sample Material, where you can also download a PDF sampler of pages from the book.
Teaching and Learning Resources
The resources in each category under the menu heading "Teaching and Learning" are organized by chapter. For each category there is also an overview, which provides more detail about the nature of the material supplied for each chapter.
The Teaching and Learning Resources relate directly to the book and include:
- Lecture slides: these contain the Key Points from the end of each chapter and all the important illustrations from the book. The slide are available in Flash preview on this site, and in Pocket PDF format to buy from the MacAvon Media Web site. Lecturers and instructors can download slides in a range of formats through a MacAvon Media Lecturer’s Account.
- Teaching notes: brief suggestions on different ways of using the book to teach courses to different groups.
- Answers to exercises: sample answers to the test questions and hints on some of the discussion topics and practical tasks.
- Sample pages and files: media files and working versions of the more important examples are also available under "Examples".
- References: suggestions for further reading on paper and on the Web, including pointers to all the important specifications.
- Errata: corrections to errors found after publication.
In addition to the resources provided for each chapter, we have provided more general resources relevant to the whole book. These are found under the items in the middle row of the navbar: Glossary, Design Tips and Projects.
New Web Security Topics Series for Web Developers
Paperback books from £6.99 (GBP), PDF from £3.99 (GBP) and Kindle editions from £2.90 (GBP).